Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sarah Richardson

If you haven't watched Design Inc. on the Fine Living channel, you must start watching NOW! Before I left Ithaca I DVR'd all of the episodes and had a Sarah Richardson marathon. I literally watched hours and hours of her show and I even got the hubby into it as well. The premise is simple. Sarah Richardson is a Toronto-based interior designer and she works with her clients to transform ho-hum spaces into absolutely gorgeous, livable rooms. But don't confuse her with the generic HGTV designers. She has impeccable taste and never misses a beat. In fact, I don't think I've ever disliked one of her rooms. The other great thing is that you see her sourcing the fabrics, visiting the vendors and scavenging flea markets for the perfect items to make the rooms come together. By watching you discover that design is a process and it takes patience and tenacity to see it through. Mostly I watch because her design sensibility is brilliant- clean and classic with an outstanding eye for colors and textures.









Visit her portfolio here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...