Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stationery for Mom

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my good friend Shannon and her newborn baby, Reese (short for Therese). As a little gift I thought I'd make her some "mommy" stationery for her to use if she needs to write a note to the daycare or to another mom.

I started off by designing the stationery in InDesign. It says "From Reese's Mom" with a flourish at the bottom.

To keep it simple I printed it on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock paper and quartered it.

I rounded the corners with a corner punch. It's one of the easiest ways to make your stationery look more finished.

I love rounded corners!

Next, I cut a Cherrios box to the same size as the stationery and covered it with damask patterned paper.


This is the cardboard backing to protect the stationery and to keep the paper from bending.

Here it is all packaged up with a pretty bow. Congrats Shannon and John... can't wait to meet the lil' one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - this is awesome, and such a thoughtful and unique idea! Nice work Janis - I bet Shannon will love it!

erin said...

Wow, Janis! Nice work. Am totally impressed.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...