Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Project

I finally got around to a project that has been on my to do list for forever. I've wanted to cover my bulletin board with fabric for some time now, but I couldn't quite figure out how to take the wood frame off the cork board without sawing it apart. Luckily I found this post on Everything LEB and it was the exact solution I was looking for. I also used her suggestion to use burlap. It's super cheap (only $2.99 a yard at JoAnn's) and has great texture.





This project is so easy the pictures speak for themselves... no instructions needed! But make sure to check out Lindsay's blog for other fabulous design ideas!

2 comments:

erin said...

Love it! I am totally going to do this. I have four cork square on my wall right now, serving as a message/photo/souvenir center. But, during the dog days of summer, they sort of warp and bubble. I've shyed away from the giant framed cork board, because it's sort of ugly, but this covering is perfect!

LindsB said...

omg, love this!! So glad you took the idea, its a good one. I love the brass tacks you used, they look great with the burlap- I'll have to keep that in mind for next time!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...