Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Centerpieces

Here are some quick and easy centerpieces that I created for an upcoming Thanksgiving event. I found these wonderful red and yellow mums at my local grocery store. I spruced them up with brown tissue paper and yellow and red ribbon. To contrast with the flowers I decided to do bowls of lemons and red delicious apples. For some added texture I sugared some of the fruit by dipping them in a mixture of meringue powder and water and then sprinkled them regular table sugar. Once the fruit dries, it creates a hard crust of sugar. Little flags in matching colors finish them off! Super easy and took me less than 2 hours to assemble!





1 comments:

Stacie said...

Perfect, now I have a visual for setting them up! And on second thought, I think I'll take the plants and dishes in so they don't freeze/break in the car this weekend.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...