Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bacon Crisp

My friends know I'm obsessed with bacon and this is my favorite bacon appetizer from the Queen of Bacon, Paula Deen. It's the easiest recipe to make with only three ingredients.

Start with a pound of bacon, any rectangular shaped crackers (I prefer Ritz Simply Socials), and Parmesan cheese.

Sprinkle each cracker with Parmesan cheese.

Wrap bacon (cut in half, length-wise) around each cracker. Lay on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake for 2 hours at 250 degrees. The key is to let the bacon and crackers nice and crispy, so you need to cook them long enough for the grease to dry up.

Here are the tasty little morsels. They're ridiculously unhealthy but oh-so-delicious! Make these for your holiday party and they'll be gone in a flash!

3 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

Best... recipe... EVER!

Bacon Cheddar Popcorn is something you should definitely try out as well - when I have the chance I'll send you the recipe!

Navy Bean said...

Oooh... Thanks! Bacon and Cheddar are my two favorite foods! :)

Theresa Cowing said...

This is the best appetizer EVER! Although, your maple syrup bacon comes in close.

Merry Christmas Janis! Tell Mike the same. See you in 2010!!! Have fun in Vegas if I don't see you before.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...