Thursday, March 18, 2010

Funny Girl

One of my all time favorite movies is Funny Girl with Barbara Streisand and Omar Sharif. I've probably watched it at least a hundred times since I was a little girl. It's not that I'm a huge Barbara fan (actually this is one of the few movies that I can stomach her in) but I just love the romantic and stormy story-line with Fanny and Nick. And I adore the costumes. And the songs. Oh, the songs. I know you've heard "People" and "Don't Rain on my Parade" overplayed a million times, but have you heard it in context with the movie? I'm just a sap and they move me every time. And don't get me started about "My Man" at the end of the movie. I always cry!







1 comments:

Stacie said...

Good movie, indeed. But you must also love 'The Way We Were,' especially after the Carrie-Big reenactment on SATC!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...