Monday, April 5, 2010

My First Craigslist Purchase

Last Friday I was searching the Ithaca craigslist for furniture when I discovered this beauty of a chair. I've been meaning to do a furniture makeover for a long time now and I thought this would be the perfect starting point. The chair was $50 and is in excellent condition, it just needs a little update. I'm thinking paint and new upholstery.



A quick trip to Joann's yielded some pretty fabric samples. I didn't realize you can rent ($5 per fabric sample, refundable upon return) them to try at home. I love this Ikat by Robert Allen @ Home. However, the hubby did not. I believe "cat puke" was mentioned to describe it. He obviously does not have the same taste level or vision that I do!


I also liked this Grecian looking print by P/Kaufman but I think it might be too busy with the wood caning.


So it looks like I'll be searching a bit more for the perfect fabric. I definitely want to do something bold and graphic for this chair incorporating some grays, yellows and blues. Do you have any suggestions?

In the meantime, I've been looking for inspiration in these amazing before and afters by Centsational Girl and Design*Sponge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...