Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Katie's Bridal Shower Invitations

When my good friend, Michaela, (my biggest client!) approached me about creating her sister's bridal shower invitation, she had several ideas: utilizing an adorable picture of Katie as a child and incorporating vellum in the design. I love it when Michaela has a vision and I get to execute it. I think we make a pretty good team!


We used the always relevant "Life is a Garden and Love is the Bloom" saying and printed it on vellum. It just worked perfectly with the flower bloom in the background of the picture. In case you're wondering, vellum is a wonderfully semi-translucent paper that can be tricky to print on. It's very slippery so it wouldn't print in my printer's laser printer. Luckily I was able to feed it through my home deskjet printer and it worked perfectly.

So as you can see from this picture, there are two layers: the vellum and the actual invitation underneath mounted on cardstock.

The two layers were bound together using pink ribbon. I cut the cardstock an extra half inch wide so I was able to fold it over the vellum to give it a clean, finished look.

Finally, I made matching address labels.


Let's take another look at this picture... isn't it just the sweetest childhood photograph ever?! Congratulations Katie, I hope you have a wonderful shower!

1 comments:

Ann said...

The invitations and address labels are beautiful and the photo is precious.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...