Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pittsburgh

Earlier this week I made a trip out to Pittsburgh to visit my friend Erin. We had a great time hitting up the Strip District downtown. I'll admit that I knew very little about Pittsburgh and I was pleasantly surprised by this little pocket of the city. It has my favorite combination of unique, old architecture, delectable food shops and restaurants, and great shopping. Here are some of the highlights:

We found an awesome donut shop that sells fresh donuts.



They make every donut fresh, right in front of you.



Fresh donut, maple glaze, bacon crumbles. Can we take a moment here to savor the magnitude of this?



This donut has the right combination of sweet and salty and just melts in your mouth.


Still giddy from our maple bacon donut high.


A trip to Pittsburgh wouldn't be complete without a visit to Primanti Brothers, the restaurant famous for their coleslaw and fries on the sandwich.






We also stumbled across an amazing home goods store called Hot, Haute, Hot.



The vibe was vintage, a little rustic with lots of French inspiration... totally my style.












I couldn't pass up this awesome inspirational sign. It still has yet to be hung but it will be a great daily reminder to enjoy the present.


I highly recommend a jaunt out to Pittsburgh... it's a fabulous city!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Looks like an amazing trip! LOVE the sign and that store. Erin, I'm putting that place (and, of course, the donut shop) on my list when I visit!

Ann said...

You make Pittsburg a destination spot and a very interesting place especially with your wonderful pictures.

Prippy Handbook said...

I love your review - thanks for adding Pittsburgh to my random weekend destination list!

Brooke said...

It's so fun to see a picture of you and Erin! I love the shop you visited. I want everything in there to be in my house. oxox

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...