Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Room and Board

I did some window shopping at Room & Board today in Soho. And every time I go there, I love it a little more. Their customer service is superb and the design and quality of their furniture is fantastic (I know first-hand because we own their Orson couch). And the best part is that their price point is often lower than Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel.


For example, this lamp is priced at $169 while Crate and Barrel has a similar accent floor lamp but it is priced at $229. I'm still undecided on which one I like better (which one do you like?) but it's just nice to have another great option in addition to C&B and PB.



I guess I'm always surprised at their price points because their showroom is stunning and very upscale. Plus it's always a trip down memory lane because I used to work in this building when it used to be Knoll*. I worked there as a sales assistant and it was my very first job out of college. I was always running around the showroom like a mad woman!





You can visit their NYC showroom at:

105 Wooster Street
New York, NY 10012
212.334.4343


You won't be disappointed!


* On an unrelated note, I've noticed that my mug shot is still in Knoll's Chadwick Chair brochure. If you download the Chadwick Product Guide you can see me on page 6. Yup, they must have been trying to save money that year by using their employees as models!

1 comments:

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...