Monday, November 1, 2010

Bedroom To-Do List

One of the great things that I love about having a blog is that it holds you accountable. So I'm blogging about my bedroom so that it will give me the motivation to finish it. I have so many projects to do but I find myself losing steam. Hopefully with your encouragement I'll get it done!

Click to Enlarge

  1. I absolutely need to do something with this white wall. Since we're just renting temporarily, I don't want to go through the mess and hassle of painting the walls. Plus we don't have the budget for the headboard I want right now. So I think I'm going to use colored masking tape to create a diamond pattern on the wall. I discovered this great idea via Little Green Notebook. Once I add the grid pattern, I'll add some picture frames above the bed.
  2. I've had this nightstand ever since I was a little girl and it's age is definitely showing. It needs a new paint job (I'm thinking a fun color like red) and a fancy new knob.
  3. Ugh, I hate this Ikea chair and I'm dying to throw it in the dumpster, but it's Navy's favorite chair. He sleeps on it and we push it next to our bed so he can easily get on and off the bed. I need to find another alternative but since he rules the roost, I have a hard time throwing it out!
  4. I just bought this full length mirror and it's one of the best Ikea purchases I've ever made. It's a steal at $69.99 and it looks much more expensive than it really is. I love the simple, classic lines and instantly makes the room appear larger.
  5. I need new bedding and a new bedskirt. I'm tired of this pattern and I'm looking for something a little bit more sophisticated. I like Pottery Barn's Deirdre set, but I'm still looking. Any suggestions?
  6. I want to snazz up this lampshade but think I'll hold off until I finalize the color scheme of the room.
  7. Finally, here's the Flotki rug from Serena and Lily that I blogged about here. I love it!

So there you have it, I'm partially there but still have a long way to go. I hope in a month or so I'll have some after pictures to share!

Any comments, suggestions or even a little encouragement for my bedroom re-do would be greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

erin said...

Put some paint on Navy's little tail nub and let him go to town!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...