Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shopping in the City: NY Cakes & Baking Supply

Yesterday I stopped by New York Cakes & Baking Supply in the city. It's a baker's dream... every object imaginable for baking is available here. I absolutely love restaurant and baking supply stores. I could literally spend hours perusing their aisles.

Here are some of the highlights from the store:


Pink edible roses


and white ones


an entire wall of cookie cutters...



including snowflakes... They remind me of these cookies decorated by Joceyln of Kuidaore. Her work is absolute perfection. You must check out her blog.



(Photo by Kuidaore)



Paper cake pans and wrappers



whisks of every size



and rolling pins galore



cupcake lines for any occasion



sprinkles and sanding sugar in any color you can imagine



a unique cupcake idea



Luster dust that looks like eye shadows



All sorts of decorations for those Christmas cookies



I ended up purchasing a $2.99 spatula and some festive sanding sugar for my holiday cookies.


You can visit New York Cakes and Baking Supply at:

56 West 22nd St
(Between 5th and 6th Avenue)
New York, NY 10010
(212) 675-2253

Open: Mon-Sat 10-6

4 comments:

LindsB said...

Holy cow Janis how did you not leave with the whole store?!?

Ann said...

What a wonderful place. Ellen and I would love to visit some time.

Prippy Handbook said...

Wow! My inner wedding planner just jumped up and down! How amazing to dress up a plain wedding cake with some of those roses? Ideas are bouncing everywhere after this post!

Navy Bean said...

Lindsay- Haha... it was so hard not to buy everything in site. I definitely had to restrain myself!

Ann, you should absolutely come to the city sometime with Margaret! We can hit up all my favorite stores!

Tara- seriously, this would be an amazing store for you to visit. Imagine the cute shower things you could put together, or you could do a really cool dessert bar...the possibilities are endless...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...