Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Portland, ME

Mike and I were up in Newburyport for the long weekend and decided to take a day trip to Portland, Maine.  It's only a little over an hour trip from Newburyport which is amazing to me.  I really thought MA and ME were a lot further apart.  Sadly, I had to look at Google Maps to visualize it (apparently my geography stinks.)  Anyway, Portland is a fantastic seaport city full of cobblestone streets and rustic charm. 

You know you're in Maine when... you see huge stacks of lobster pots!


Cobblestone streets are my fave.


I didn't realize that Portland was situated on a big hill.

Of course, whenever I'm in a new city I always manage to find a great home store.  I stumbled across Nicola's Homes and instantly felt a connection.


I think my favorite thing about seaport towns are their hanging wooden signs. They exude character.





Vietri Dinnerware


Gorgeous upholstered furniture


A rowboat filled with pillows... reminds me of this.


Beautiful bedding


I loved this punched tin lampshade.


These are my new favorite candles, Ana CandlesTara also sells them in her store.


Fun printed pillows and a handsome orange dresser


Bags made to look vintage are fun.




A great store inspires and this one certainly did.


Nicola's Homes
215 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
207.899.3218


Store Hours:
Mon-Sat 10-6
Sun 12-5

1 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

Oh my goodness... I love Portland SO much! It is one of my favorite cities for a getaway. Incredible food scene, adorable boutiques, creative shops, and true scenic beauty.

I can't wait to head back up to Maine this summer. So glad you two had a great time there!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...