Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shopping in the City: Eataly

Mario Batali's latest venture, Eataly is a combination high end food court slash Italian grocery store.  It's a fun place to browse and I always pick up a few Italian goodies when I'm in the area. 


Eataly is huge... it takes up 50,000 square feet and has five restaurants.


I love the high stand-around bistro tables... so European.


Salumi and Cheese counter.


Mmm... fresh bread. The focaccia is fantastic.


Fresh fruits, artfully displayed.


This is one serious cappuccino machine!


We can't forget the fresh pasta...


Or the aisles and aisles of dried pasta too.  A sight to behold.


I love the colorful bottles of the imported sodas...


and the bottled water.

But my favorite part of Eataly?  It's the section of imported Italian candies.  I adore the packaging and the tiny tins. 











And it looks like I'm not the only one who spotted these pretty tins.  See what was featured in last month's Martha Stewart magazine:

So pick up some pretty Italian candies and save the tins!


Eataly
200 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10010
(Entrances on 5th Avenue and 23rd Street)
212.229.2560

Open everyday 10-11


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...