Monday, July 18, 2011

Monochromatic Fruit Salad

I've been craving watermelon like crazy so yesterday I picked one up from Fairway.  I didn't realize though, that I bought a yellow watermelon.  Have you ever heard of these?  I don't think I've ever seen one before! 


Anyway, it's delicious, just like regular watermelon and it looked so festive cut up with yellow pineapple.  I love the monochromatic look.  You could add some peaches and mango to continue the yellow theme. 


And this got me thinking about Martha Stewart's version of green fruit salad from their latest August issue.  It is made up of kiwifruits, green apple, honeydew melon and frozen grapes.  I think this looks absolutely beautiful. 

Red fruit salad could easily be made with red watermelon, strawberries, raspberries, and cherries.  And finally, I found this picture on Pinterest.  What a great way to serve your monochromatic fruit salad!

1 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

Yellow... who knew? I had watermelon on my mind this weekend, too. At Sunday brunch, we made Watermelon Pimm's Cups. Yum. Love summer!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...