Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Socks and Gloves


This book has made the rounds on many crafty blogs but I thought it would be worth mentioning again. It can be found here. These little softies make the cutest baby shower gifts. I've made two so far- and they turned out great! The patterns are very simple and are easy to hand sew.

I found this adorable sweater pattern from Wee Wonderfuls and scaled it down to size. It is made from one of Mike's old sweaters that had a hole in it. I felted the sweater (simply washed and dried the wool at extremely hot temperatures so that the fibers shrink) to make the fabric.


Here is the little guy all packaged up in a white paper bag along side yummy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies for mom and dad.

Although these patterns are fool proof, I wish I had cut the sock a little different on this guy. The head is a little small and the trunk a little too long. Otherwise, I think he still has charm!

2 comments:

erin said...

Hey, this is actually a Penguin book! I own a copy myself. I made a little sock dog (and named her Madeleine), and she appeared on Martha Stewart, along with the book's publicist, Meg. Little Madeleine actually got a lot of camera time!!!

Navy Bean said...

Hi Erin- didn't know you had this book. And I can't believe Madeleine appeared on Martha! You need to tell me these things!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...