Monday, July 20, 2009

Classic Love Bookmarks

I'm excited to show you one of the design projects that I've been working on. Last month I posted about the Library Card Shower Invitations that I made for my friend, Michaela's cousin. Soon after Michaela approached me with the concept of making bookmarks as the favor for the shower, keeping with the library/book theme. She came up with the brilliant idea of incorporating Maria and Russ (the bride and groom) into a list of classic literary couples. I'm really happy with the way the design turned out and I think they will be cherished as a unique keepsake.

Each bookmark started off with 2x6" Kraft paper bookmarks found at Michaels.


I added a second layer of Amy Butler cardstock to create a pretty border.

Then I printed the design out on adhesive paper and mounted it over the patterned cardstock.


The back of the bookmark says "Storybook Romance" and has the date of their wedding.



The "tassel" is Kate's Paperie grosgrain ribbon in silver. (Although in person it's a pretty blue.)


Packaged with a sweet bow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...