Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Team Abby

I'm so excited to share one of my recent projects. I designed these logos for a wonderful charity started by a friend of a friend. Carrie's daughter Abby almost died at birth due to complications. It was a traumatic experience for the family but luckily, Abby survived and she is a happy, bouncy, adorable baby. They overcame so much and had such a wonderful supportive team of family and friends. Now that Abby is much better, Carrie started Team Abby, a charity that grants "dreams" to other families in need. Here is her mission statement:
Our mission for the TEAM ABBY charity project is a simple one. At this moment in time, we hope to grant "Dreams" that can positively and profoundly impact the experience of another person or family. This might be something big, such as sending a grieving family on a well deserved vacation, something smaller such as providing items like books and blankets to give solace to a family whose child is in the NICU, or something far-reaching such as organizing a blood drive to help hundreds of people receive life-giving blood.

At this time, we have a few "Dreams" underway. We hope to formally found the TEAM ABBY Foundation in the future once we have a little free time. In the meantime, we are still pushing forward by helping fund a few Dreams for some very special people.

What an amazing and inspiring family! I'm so happy I could help them out. Right now Carrie needs your help on deciding which logo to pick. Visit Team Abby to vote!



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks so much for this, Janis! I've gotten so many emails about how amazing the logos are, and that pales in comparison to how much I love them! You are so talented! I'll let you know soon which one wins... I hope your readers head over and vote, too. I love hearing everyone's opinions. :-)

Janis said...

I'm so happy you like them, Carrie! Can't wait to see which one wins!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...