Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello There!


Happy New Year! I know it has been forever since I last posted and I really missed you all! Mike and I had a wonderful holiday with our family and friends splitting our time between Newburyport, MA (with Mike's parents) Old Saybrook, CT (with my parents), the Hamptons for New Year's eve (with our old college friends) and we even managed to squeeze in a short vacation to Vegas! It was an amazing, whirlwind of a break but I'm happy to be back home so that I can get started on my New Year's Resolutions:


1. Ramp up my Etsy store. I have so many new ideas, so now it's just a matter of photographing the new items and listing them on Etsy.

2. Send more correspondence. I really would like to send out a card or letter to one friend at least once a week.

3. Eat healthier and eliminate fast food from my diet all together (at least a year). I'd like to call myself a foodie, but I must admit that I have a soft spot for places that rhyme with Paco Well or Rick Ronald's. It's a bad habit that I occasionally resort to when I'm completely exhausted and don't feel like cooking. This shouldn't be too hard... although those french fries are tasty....

4. Practice yoga at least once a week.

5. Refinish a piece of furniture. I'm always so inspired by Design Sponge's Before and Afters and all of Jenny's projects on Little Green Notebook that I really want to do a hands-on project of my own. Possibly this summer after we move back to NYC. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

That's it! What are your New Year's resolutions?



Photo by Veer

3 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

Can't wait to read your posts throughout the new year! Would love to know how the furniture project goes... I have a similar goal myself.

Welcome back and hope your year is off to a fabulous start!

Katie Ivers Schunk said...

Hey Janis what is your store or name on Etsy?

Navy Bean said...

Thanks so much for the warm welcome back, Tara! I'm super excited for the new year, and I'm really looking forward to your blog posts as well!

Katie- my store is called Navy Bean but at the moment I don't have anything in stock. I'll make sure to keep you posted on the blog and when I'm up and running I'll add the Etsy link to my blog page again. Thanks for asking!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...