Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I NEED this.

I was in A.C. Moore today and I discovered this incredible machine:


It's an at home letterpress kit by Lifestyle Crafts. I'm sure it doesn't even compare to the real thing, but it's an affordable way for the home crafter to dabble in letterpress. The entire kit costs $149 and additional printing plates cost about $30. Not exactly cheap but affordable compared to the $800+ tabletop presses. I'm dying to try it! Has anyone used this machine before? The only downside that I can see is that you're limited to the pre-made printing plates, However, I was impressed by the pretty graphic designs so it wouldn't be too hard to make professional looking cards.





Photos and video from Craft Crituque

4 comments:

Robin Beam said...

There's going to be a demo on Letterpress 2/6/10 at all A.C. Moore stores from 1:00-3:00!

Robin

Prippy Handbook said...

That is such an AWESOME find - please keep me posted on how you enjoy it! I know there is a company in Buffalo you can order plates at for a low cost. If I can find the info, I'll send it your way!

Navy Bean said...

Thanks for the heads up, Robin! I'm definitely going to add that to my calendar.

Tara, if you can find the name of that company I would love to know! I'll definitely keep you posted on the letterpress machine. I'm not sure how much longer I can go on without it!

Kitty said...

I never knew much I needed this... until right now. Wow.

Please DO keep posting about this if and when you finally make the acquisition! I want this for my before-Christmas present!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...