Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Top 3 Favorite Cakes

I don't know why, but for some reason I've got cake on the brain. And it got me thinking about the best cakes I've ever had. So here are my picks for the top three cakes:


Lady M's Mille Crepes. This. Is. Heaven. Seriously, how can you go wrong with layers and layers of crepes filled with a lucious creamy custard?


Wegman's Ultimate White Cake. So I'm embarrassed to admit that I first tried this as a sample at the grocery store and the very next day I went back to Wegmans to buy one for myself. It was that good, like, can't-stop-thinking-about-you good. The frosting has actual black specks of vanilla bean. And it's even better when the cake is a little bit cold. Call me crazy but I like cold pies and cakes.

Black Hound's Busy Bee Cake. I'm not the biggest chocolate fan (weird, I know) but this cake is not too sweet and just light enough so you can inhale a huge piece and not feel sick to your stomach. An old co-worker had this cake sent to the office for her birthday. Since we didn't have the proper serving utensils, we broke out the plastic forks and went at it like animals.


So there you have it. My top 3 picks. What are your favorites?

3 comments:

Theresa Cowing said...

mmm. we have wegman's ultimate white cake in the office today. the best!

Prippy Handbook said...

I LOVE the Lady M crepe cake. I don't have too much of a sweet tooth, but the first time I had this cake at a dinner party in NYC, I actually lapsed in good manners and had a second piece! This opened the flood gates, and almost everyone at the table did the same. It is my fave.

That being said, I love a good grocery store white cake and will find a Wegman at some point to check this out!

Lisa Ridgely Photography said...

These all look amazing! And I'm so excited to have found someone else who likes their cake/pie cold! Everyone always thinks I'm nuts. That crepe cake looks unbelievable. I'm pretty sure that's my favorite cake and I've never even had it. ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...