Friday, April 16, 2010

Michaela and Joe's Wedding Invitation



I'm so excited to show you one of my latest projects... a wedding invitation packet for our dear college friends, Michaela and Joe. You might have seen her shower invitation that I created a few months ago and I also calligraphed the addresses on her invitations. Michaela and I used to work together at Modern Bride, so she has impeccable taste and had a clear vision of what she wanted from the start. She ordered her gorgeous invitation and response postcard from White Aisle, but she wanted to dress them up with a belly band and include an information and directions booklet.



The belly band incorporates the invitation colors of plum and gold. I used a beautiful plum satin ribbon and created a monogram that we will integrate throughout the rest of the wedding stationery. The monogram was printed on ivory paper and mounted on bristol board to give it more weight.



The information booklets contain restaurant suggestions, attraction information, a map and directions to the events. I created the map in Illustrator and did the rest of the layout in InDesign. The booklet was printed on ivory paper and cardstock and then I hand sewed them together using plum embroidery thread.



All in all, I'm so happy with the way they turned out. I loved emulating the look and feel of the invitation and incorporating similar elements throughout the stationery. Stay tuned for a few more special elements that I'm working on. I absolutely cannot wait to see it all come together at the wedding!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look out of this world. Fantastic!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...