Thursday, July 8, 2010

A New Home

A sneak preview of my chair project

Hello friends! It's been a long time since I've blogged and I do apologize for my absence. But we're settling nicely into our new home and I've got so many exciting things to share with you in these upcoming weeks. Right now I'm in full-on decorator mode, trying to make our NYC apartment into a cozy home.



I was thumbing through my Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook and found a great excerpt by Ina describing her personal home style:
"...I've evolved a style that seems to work for me: big sofas for a nap on Sunday afternoon; comfy reading chairs with good light and a view out the window for daydreaming; great CDs piled up by the stereo; and my favorite old videos next to the television. I like knowing that there are twenty new magazines on the coffee table, delicious French teas in the pantry and expensive bath bubbles next to the tub. A good home should gather you up in its arms like a warm cashmere blanket, soothe your hurt feelings, and prepare you to go back out into that big bad world tomorrow all ready to fight the dragons."
To me, these are words to live by. There's nothing that makes me happier than a cozy, inviting home. So slowly I'm trying to pull everything together. I hope you'll join me on this process.

And thanks for sticking with me, it feels great to be back!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back J! LOVE the chair and can't wait to see more.

Prippy Handbook said...

So happy you're back! And with so many exciting new changes to share. Congrats on the big move to NYC.

erin said...

A few of my favorite Barefoot quotes:

1. "It's Christmas Eve and Jeffrey is away."
2. "It's my birthday and Jeffrey is out of town."
3. "It's our wedding anniversary and Jeffery is away on business, so I'm going to make a cocktail strong enough to kill a sailor. First, start with some REALLY GOOD vodka."

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...