Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Warby Parker

I've been searching high and low for a pair of glasses that I really like. You see, I'm a contacts girl and I never take out my contacts. Literally. I don't even own a pair of glasses and I tend to keep my contacts in for a month! But I'm trying to be more responsible and take better care of my eyes so I desperately need a new pair of glasses. However, the search has been exhausting... everything that I like is $700+ for frames and lenses and I don't want to spend that much on glasses that I'll only wear occasionally. Right now I'm looking for the "nerdy" glasses that are a little bit trendy and in the know Liana suggested I check out Warby Parker.



It's an online glasses company that sells the frames and the lenses for $95! Not only that but with every pair of glasses you purchase they donate a pair of glasses to someone in need. Check out their noteworthy mission statement:

A collaboration between four close friends, Warby Parker was conceived as an alternative to the overpriced and bland eyewear available today. Prescription eyewear simply should not cost $300+. The industry is controlled by a few large companies that have kept prices artificially high, reaping huge profits from consumers who have no other options. By circumventing traditional channels and engaging with our customers directly through our website, Warby Parker is able to provide higher-quality, better looking prescription eyewear for under $100.

We believe that everyone has the right to see. Unfortunately, millions of people around the world today don’t have access to proper vision care. To help address this problem, Warby Parker partners with renowned non-profits, such as RestoringVision.org, to deliver one pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair that we sell. In doing so, we enable you to share the gift of vision with someone who can’t see today and give them the opportunity to read, to work and to live a fuller life.

It's a pretty remarkable company! So I'm thinking about purchasing these:



Or maybe these:




Heck, for that price maybe I can get both. I'll let you know how they turn out!

1 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

So excited to learn about this site. I just got a fantastic pair of tortoise shell frames a la Grace Kelly's at SEE Opticals that I love. Whie they weren't $700, they also weren't $95! I need another pair to rotate in, so this post is perfect timing :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...