Thursday, December 2, 2010

Allyson & Andrew's Wedding

This post is about a year and 2 months late but I'm so excited to share with you Allyson and Andrew's wedding from October 2009. I finally got around to ordering the pictures from her absolutely stunning and wedding and I'm so honored that I got to play a small part on their gorgeous day.

I started off by calligraphing her beautiful wedding invitations. Allyson's wedding was on Halloween so she did an amazing job of incorporating colors and icons of Halloween in a tasteful and classy way. Her wedding colors were black and white with hints of lime green.



Next, I helped Allyson design her wedding logo and stationery. She had already had her silhouette designed by Carter Kustera, a close friend of theirs whose work you might recognize from his collaborations with Jonathan Alder. She wanted to incorporate that silhouette throughout her wedding day stationery suite. I created the logo adding the date and the location, keeping it modern and a little bit funky.




Her stationery suite consisted of a hotel bag itineraries, stickers for the travel candles included in the hotel bag, ceremony programs, menus, and flags for the candied apples (picture below).








The wedding and ceremony took place at The Parker Hotel in Palm Springs. The location perfectly suited this unique wedding. I absolutely adore how Allyson and Andrew were literally framed through their entire ceremony by an actual over sized frame!






Allyson had the silhouettes blown up and framed as part of the wedding decor. I love how she kept incorporating that theme throughout.








The table was set with all black linens and place cards were white pumpkins. Completely elegant and the exact opposite of what you find at most weddings.







The reception itself was absolutely stunning with amazing larger than life sized flower centerpieces and spectacular lighting.











A very belated congratulations to you, Allyson and Andrew. Your wedding was magnificently unique and completely unforgettable. Thank you for letting me be a part of your big day!


To see more of Allyson and Andrew's wedding, click here to see their wedding slideshow.

2 comments:

Haven and Home said...

Wow what an amazing wedding. What detail and thought went into it. I love what you created for her!

Prippy Handbook said...

Fantastic wedding with so many creative personal touches.

Now that I'm engaged, I am always on the lookout for inspiration.

Your work looks so wonderful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...