Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shopping in the City: Fishs Eddy

One of my favorite haunts is Fishs Eddy, a dish and glass store with quirky and unique wares.  They also have a whole slew of New York City themed products... perfect for those NYC gift baskets that you send to friends outside of the city.   I think the perfect gift basket would include glasses from Fishs Eddy,  Eleni's NYC cookies and a Cavallini & Co. NYC notebook or calendar.  Anyway, let's get to the good stuff and check out the store!


The first thing you notice when you visit Fishs Eddy is the unique storefront.  I love that rounded window.
 

Fishs Eddy is conveniently located right by Union Square.


Then you'll notice the disheveled but tidy look of the store, such fun to peruse!


Silverware chandelier anyone?
 

I wish I lived in Brooklyn so I could buy these.


Stacks and stacks of plates.  Half the fun is scavenging through them all.


New Yorker mugs


Fun and festive polka dots

Storage vessels

Creepy but cool glove forms


Nothing gets me more excited than stacks and stacks of dinner whites.  It's such a country-farmhouse-clean-classic-kitchen look.  Plus I love that vintage lamp pendant.


For your architect friend

Bins of teacups


Unique platters for ever occasion


Such a cute pink teapot!


Marbles galore


More of those creepy/cool glove forms but miniaturized!

Kitchen kitsch 

New York City coasters, the perfect gift for just about anyone.



I've sent these glasses to family... it's a great gift when you want to give them a "sip" of New York.


I want this jadeite pestle!


Cacophony of gravy boats


Fishs Eddy
889 Broadway at 19th Street
New York, NY 10003

212.420.9020


Store Hours:
Monday 10 - 10
Tuesday-Saturday 9 - 10

Sunday 10 - 9

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I LOVED living near there 2 summers ago. I got the best deal ever on knives (90% off!) I think I'm going to head down there for some mugs. This is the second time in the past couple of months that I have bought something based on your posts :)

Erin said...

Okay, can you all please stop saying and doing things that make me miss NYC?? Fishs Eddy was ALWAYS a stop on my Union Square shopping trips...right before the 5th Ave. Anthropologie. Ah....

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...