Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NYIGF

This weekend I went to the New York International Gift Fair with my friends Tara and Nathan from Ithaca.  You might remember them from when I blogged about their lovely store, Terra Rosa.  Tara and Nathan were visiting the NYIGF to buy for their spring inventory and I was lucky enough to tag along.  NYIGF is a huge gift trade show held in the Javitts in NYC twice a year that has exhibitors as big as Ralph Lauren Home to small mom and pop stores that make handmade goods.  Let's take a peek at some of the vendors.




My photos do not give you a sense of how massive the show was.  It was literally aisle after aisle of vendors that filled multiple football fields.  I didn't even get to the part of the show that was located in the piers along the Hudson River.





Cavallini & Co. one of my favorite paper goods stores.






Jonathan Adler, of course.




Dylan's Candy Bar, a NYC staple for children and grown ups alike!




Lilly Pulitzer, pink and peppy.







Loved this store- Two's Company, a home goods accessories wholesaler.  Their booth was impeccably designed and decorated.










I want these mirrors!











This was a great booth, The Joy of Light.  They make custom matchboxes.  And it turns out that they are based out of my hometown of East Hampton, Connecticut!  We joked that everyone thinks that we're from the Hamptons of Long Island.



Loved Emilie Sloan's booth.  She makes tote bags that are beautiful and extremely durable.  She has exquisite taste when it comes to color and pattern.



I recently saw Fringe candles at Gracious Home and fell in love with their beautiful glass containers.




This jewelry store called Dear Swallow had such a unique booth display.  It perfectly fit the look of the jewelry and created a sense of mystique.










I loved these cardboard tassles found at Tinsle Trading.  In fact, I was blown away by the creativity of the booth displays.  


Pistachio Press was one of my favorite letterpress stationery vendors of the day.  Their designs were clean and crisp and full of color. 






Lastly, we visited Voluspa.  I'm a huge fan of their candles (my favorite scent is Japanese Plum Bloom.)  They were exhibiting a new collection of kitchen candles by chef James Boyce.  






As many of you know, my dream is to open my own stationery and gift store in Newburyport, MA.  So one day I hope to be back at NYIGF buying for my own store!





 Thank you so much, Tara and Nathan for letting me tag along for the day.  I had an amazing time!

1 comments:

Octavia Brown said...

I was at the gift show Tuesday and today. It's so big! Loved the Jonathan Adler and Two's Company booths. Great finds! Wish I had seen Tinsle Trading and Pistachio Press. Adorable!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...