Thursday, March 24, 2011

Amigurumi

I'm usually not one drawn to super cutesy things but I am obsessed with these little Japanese crocheted stuffed dolls called Amigurumi.  They are just too adorable for words.  So I've decided to teach myself to crochet.  Not that I need another project to add to my ongoing to-do list but I couldn't resist the urge to drop everything and crochet.  I visited Lion Brand Yarn Studio in the city and bought a skein of yarn and a crochet hook and I've been watching tons of how-to-crochet videos on You Tube.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Etsy has a treasure trove of both Amigurumi dolls and patterns.  However, my favorites are by Amy Gaines.  I will be purchasing her patterns for sure.  












All photos by Amy Gaines

2 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

Ridiculously adorable! The seal at the bottom is beyond cute.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I especially love the dog with his water bowl and bone! Can't wait to see the ones you make!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...