Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homemade Art

Now that the pillows have been completed, I've been meaning to switch out the old artwork from some picture frames in our living room.  I got these awesome Larson Juhl picture frames for free when I used to work at House Beautiful.  They used to frame the magazine covers in our office, but when we moved to the new Hearst Tower we got to keep them!  It's a great score... normally these frames could go for hundreds of dollars.


I like that they have a large matting so I can rotate them with standard size pictures.  These are old travel posters from a Cavelleni & Co. calendar.  But the colors do not go with the new pillows.


So I took inspiration from this photo on Pinterest (by madebygirl)...


And broke out my cheap $8 watercolors...


And created these.  Let me preface, I'm no artist.  But circles are easy enough, and abstract art is totally wing-able.  (Is that a word?)


Plus everything looks better framed.


Not too shabby for a 15 minute project.


Ahh, much better.  Color can be refreshing.


1 comments:

Brooke said...

These pictures turned out so amazing....and how easy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...