Monday, February 23, 2009

House Beautiful

I used to work at House Beautiful magazine and I think this is where my passion for home decor comes from. I learned so much while I was there, from interior design and decorating to the logistics of magazine layout and publishing to event planning. I will be eternally grateful to the then Art Director who taught me all I know about InDesign and Photoshop and how to layout a magazine page. (Thanks Alice!) It was at House Beautiful that I got to work with Eddie Ross before he moved on to Martha Stewart. You might recognize him from Bravo's Top Design or from his inspiring blog. My co-workers were some of the most creative and talented people that I've ever worked with. With the recent onslaught of shelter magazines, I realize that House Beautiful is an entity all it's own. It has been around since 1896 and it's here to stay. So thank you, House Beautiful, for all you have taught me. I look forward to many more years of beautiful homes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...