Then I enlisted the help of the hubby who reluctantly agreed to assist me with this project. He just didn't have the grand final vision that I did. The thing is, it's a little bit tricky getting the tape at exactly the right angle and measuring it so each line is precisely the same width apart. It's definitely a two person job and there was a lot of eyeballing and re-taping. We ended up taping the lines 13 inches apart at an angle.
The this-just-isn't-going-to-look-good-and-I'm-annoyed Mike.
Once we taped the lines in one direction, it was much easier going in the opposite direction because we just taped from end to end of the first tape lines, to create a diamond pattern.
Mike cutting off some tape edges with the x-acto knife while thinking to himself, "hmm... this doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Maybe I was wrong... Janis is always right."
All in all it really only took an hour and a half and for the $12.00 that I spent on tape, the transformation is incredible. It just gives so much more interest to our bedroom. The best part is that it can all come down with no damage to the walls when we move. Thank you Little Green Notebook for the fabulous idea!
Navy tried to help but mostly he got caught up in
red blue tape.
Finally, I just ordered the Deirdre duvet cover and shams from Pottery Barn. They were a splurge (even on sale) but I'm absolutely in love with the pattern and hopefully the blues will match the blue tape on the wall. I think this will pull the room together nicely.
Next up, painting the nightstand and hanging some wall art. The big reveal to come soon.