Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Above the Bed Wall Art

I debated for weeks and weeks what wall art to hang above the bed. 

(Did I mention that I never measure when hanging pictures?  That's why they're slightly off.  I'm not patient enough for measuring...I'm an eyeballer.)


But then I realized I had this frame sitting around. 

It may look like the middle picture is matted but it's not.  I faked it!  I just took out the original 4 picture matting and wrapped linen (the same remnants from the lampshades) around a piece of cardboard.  Then I printed one of our wedding photos on my home printer on an 8x11 sheet of archival photo paper.  I left a thin white border around the edge which helps the illusion of matting.  I ran it through my Xyron machine to give it an adhesive backing.  And finally I just mounted it on top of the linen.  Eventually I would love to get this photo professionally printed and matted but for now this was a free alternative.




The other picture frames were old bamboo frames that I painted using the leftover paint from the nightstand.  I then printed out 5x7 letters from the awesome website: Daily Drop Cap by the insanely talented Jessica Hische. (She designed the logo for my favorite gelato company in the city!)

My above the bed wall art that I did in less than an hour.  What do you have hanging above your bed?

1 comments:

Fellow Creatives said...

:) I'm an eyeballer too. Love the wall!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...